WP have won a competition to regenerate St Michaels Centre on Townmead Road, Fulham.
The existing structure was built in 1899 in order to service the worshipping needs of the residents living on the Sand End estate and currently provides a range of youth facilities to the local community.
Over the last four years, the St Michael’s Centre has been reinvigorated by a new set of trustees. The development will seek to enrich the centre’s existing culture and facilities whilst ensuring a long term sustainable vision. The project is supported by the freeholder, The Diocese of London, Habitat for Humanity and has been granted GLA funding. It is a wonderful opportunity to invest in a community space in a part of the city that has lost many such spaces in recent years. It also builds upon WP’s expanding portfolio of community based architecture.